Public Meeting Summaries
These are quick summaries or various public meetings that occur with Elected and Appointed City Officials.
Official minutes and supporting documents can be found here: Link Here
Plan commission meeting 12/30/2019
PLAN COMMISSION NOTICE
Notice is hereby given that a Public Hearing will be held by the Plan Commission of the City of Monmouth, Illinois, on Monday, December 30, at 5:30 p.m. in the Council Chambers, City Hall, 100 East Broadway at which time and place the Commission will consider a request for:
The City of Monmouth is requesting a meeting for a Zoning Change to the below listed properties
1st Request: A request to change the Zoning from R-2 Medium Density Residential to (PS) Public Service on the below listed properties:
LOT 5 EX 9' STRIP OFF E SD BLOCK 4_WEST SIDE ADDN._LOT SIZE: 48.4' X 116.75'_
Commonly Known as: 1014 West 4th Ave
Pin #: 09-414-005-00
9/2770_LOT 4 BLOCK 4_WEST SIDE ADDN_LOT SIZE: 50' X 116.75'_
Commonly Known as: 415 South Sunny Lane
Pin #: 09-414-004-00
2nd Request: A request to change the Zoning from B-2 Neighborhood Commercial to R-3 High Density Residential:
S20 T11 R2_LOT 16 BLOCK 1 OAK PARK ADDN SW_STATE DOCKET #07-94-4_
Pin #: 09-044-128-05
S20 T11 R2_LOTS 1 THRU 15 BLOCK 1 OAK PARK ADDN SW_STATE DOCKET #08-94-8_
Pin #: 09-044-128-00
S20 T11 R2_LOTS 1 THROUGH 15 BLOCK 2_OAK PARK ADDN SW_STATE DOCKET #08-94-8_
Pin #: 09-044-184-00
All persons desiring to appear and be heard for or against said application may appear at said meeting and be heard thereon.
Dated December 26, 2019
City of Monmouth
Invitation for bid
Invitation for Bid
The City Of Monmouth will be conducting a sealed bid for demolition of the fire-damaged hangar at the Monmouth Municipal Airport.
All bids should arrive in a sealed envelope with contact information of the bidder on the outside of the envelope. Envelopes will be opened at 1:00 pm on November 29th 2019 by the City Clerk and the Director of Zoning. The award will be announced at the City Council meeting on the 2nd of December.
Scope of work
Removal of all building debris with concrete removal listed as an additional cost.
No asbestos was found during testing, and remediation will not be necessary.
Requirements and limitations
· Contractor must have a certificate of insurance and bond on file with City Hall, and the City Of Monmouth must be listed as a lienholder.
· Contractor must obtain permits once proof of all service utilities are retired and an I.E.P.A. start date and the fee is paid.
· Contractor must ensure all containers and equipment do not interfere with the airstrip runway at any time and must ensure steps are taken to preserve the asphalt taxiways, any damage is the responsibility of the contractor at his or her expense.
· No work will be done on site from dusk till dawn.
· All salvage scrap must be hauled to scrap yard by a bonded and insured individual or company and by container, tandem, or flatbed truck.
· Upon completion of the project, the contractor must submit all tip fees/weight tickets from a registered landfill for City review and approval before final payment.
April 1, 2019 Council Meeting
March 20, 2019 Cemetery Board Meeting
Monmouth—A Great Place to Call Home
Welcome to the City of Monmouth! We're glad you're here. Monmouth is a great place to live, to learn, to work and to play. Whether you are a current resident, business owner, or someone new to our community, this website has all sorts of information for you about the Maple City. Please enjoy this video showcasing the best of our wonderful, small community.